Thursday 29 August 2013

Quick Portfolio Update

It's been a little while since I've updated my portfolio here, primarily because there has been nothing noteworthy happening. That is, until today, when I allocated 10% of my portfolio to Antares Energy (AZZ) at $0.515.  It is a rather unconventional purchase for me in that I do not intend to hold it for the long term, and I am valuing this business on its prospective net cash position instead of its prospective earnings. This situation involves a little more speculation than I am accustomed to, however it seems that there is an adequate margin of safety at the current price to cover any downside, with the prospect of a decent return in a relatively short period of time (less than 6 months). Unfortunately, I'm quite busy these next couple of days so hopefully I will be able to properly outline my rationale for buying AZZ soon. Yes, I can almost hear your squeals of excitement, quieten down please.

No comments:

Post a Comment